Following the mandate issued by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) to the telecommunication operators in Nigeria to implement Do-Not-Disturb (DND) starting from July 1, 2016, there has been general issue with GSM Networks (MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9Mobile) in Nigeria not delivering bulk SMS to some mobile phone numbers. This issue is as a result of the introduction of the Do-Not-Disturb (DND) service by the GSM Network operators in Nigeria.
In this guide, I want to show you how to send bulk SMS to DND numbers in Nigeria without extra charges.
How to Send Bulk SMS to DND Numbers in Nigeria
1. Create an account on appwebSMS.
2. Activate your appwebSMS account by clicking on the activation link sent to your email address. Please, check http://yoursite.com if you don’t get it in 10 minutes.
3. Login to your appwebSMS account and you will be redirected to the ‘Send SMS’ page. You will notice that you were given 2 free units for testing.
4. Compose your message: enter a sender name; enter the destination numbers; type your message and click ‘Send SMS’.
5. Your bulk SMS will deliver to all the contacts including DND numbers at no extra cost.
How appwebSMS Delivers Bulk SMS to DND Numbers in Nigeria
This is how they do it; they have a dedicated Hosted SIM that they use to deliver bulk SMS to DND numbers at no extra cost. This is like a normal SIM card which delivers messages to any phone number without restrictions from the network provider. As at today, only appwebSMS do this in Nigeria.
Create an account now and start sending bulk SMS to all networks including DND numbers.